Thursday, November 4, 2010

the Best decision I've made since 1996

The best decision I've made since 1996 was my decision to marry my best friend in 2000. Wendy and I were acquainted through church, and circumstances transpired that pushed us into a dating relationship in the summer of 1999. It didn't take more than a couple of dates for me to realize that I needed to hang on to her. The last 10 years have been interesting to say the least. We have our ups and downs, but overall I can't imagine trying to live my life without her. Today is her 33rd birthday, and I haven't gotten her a gift. I told her to go get this big picture of our kids framed as her gift, but that sure seems crappy, so we'll see. Tonight we'll go out to eat (monsters and all) to celebrate her birthday, but I still feel like I need to get her something. Maybe I will think of something in the next 3 hours. I highly recommend marrying someone who you would consider one of your best friends. It just makes it easier. And if your already married, do whatever it takes to make sure that your spouse is your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment